£20,658 - £22,587 per annum pro rata
15 hours per week
Overall Purpose of Job
To undertake a range of clerical tasks to assist and support Community Education and Youth Service.
The post holder reports to the Business and Administration Manager.
1. The post holder does not have line management responsibility.
2. The post holder does not have budget responsibility.
3. The post holder will be required to work some evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays in order to meet service requirements and in order to ensure appropriate representation of the Council with residents, the Mayor and elected members, and external bodies.
4. The post holder will be required to adhere to the dress code.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the post holder and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
To undertake all responsibilities listed below:
1. Maintenance of office records e.g. mailing lists, enrolment details, instructor attendance and preparation of registers.
2. Application of Office.
3. Collation and recording of basic statistics for budgetary reports.
4. Dealing with written and verbal enquiries from members of the public, instructors and users of the site.
5. Drafting of simple letters and memos
6. Providing cover in the office in the absence of other staff.
7. Preparing and processing pay claims
8. Performing a variety of office duties including photocopying, filing, typing, taking telephone messages, mailings etc.
9. Ordering of stationary and office equipment, checking stock levels and maintaining an up-to-date inventory of crèche and office equipment.
10. To work within agreed timescales, seeking advice and instruction from senior staff when necessary.
11. To be willing to undertake evening and occasional weekend working as and when required.
13. To work as directed by the Centre Manager or by the Business and Administration Manager within a range of area offices as required.
14. To carry out any other duties that are in line with the purpose and grade of the job.
Please note this job is Based at Wickham Bishop Essex
Closing date: 23rd April 2021
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.