As part of the team delivering the Big Clean initiative, the Chargehand will work as part of the team and have responsibility for ensuring the objectives of the team are met and that the work is completed to a high standard.
- Work in one of the two Big Clean teams carrying out tasks such as hedge trimming, weed removal etc as required.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the work schedule is adhered to and the work is carried out to the expected standard in order to reach the corporate priority of delivering a higher street standard.
- Identify areas requiring work for future scheduling or for ad hoc works.
- Assist with the planning of the ongoing schedule of locations to be visited.
- Ensure that the team members adhere to H&S requirements and report any breaches to the Waste & Recycling Supervisors.
- Keep equipment specific to the team in a safe, serviceable condition, requesting repairs and servicing as required.
- Report any personnel issues to the Waste and Recycling Supervisors for action.
- Identify the need for equipment, PPE and other resources and request in accordance with service procedures
- Assist Supervisors with providing quotations for work rechargeable to other departments within SKDC.
We are committed to caring for our employees both inside and outside the workplace and provide a variety of benefits, such as:
- a generous pension scheme
- opportunities to progress and develop your career and skillset
- access to a range of health and wellbeing activities
- flexible working
- generous leave entitlement of 25 days (rising to 30 days after 5 years' service) and the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- travel season ticket loan and a variety of other staff/family friendly benefits and discounts