An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and motivated Group Leader in Transport Planning to lead an exceptional and expanding transport planning team.
A resource is required at a senior level to drive forward key projects and programmes and having expertise in
- Business Case development
- Traffic modelling;
- Scheme development;
- Transportation programme management
- Funding bids
Reporting directly to the Head of Transport, you will support the development, management and delivery of an extensive transportation investment programme.
Barnsley is in a period of unprecedented development and good transport, and transport planning is a cornerstone for our future success.
The demand for specialist transport planning into transport policies and masterplans is greater than ever, alongside the identification, specification and development of transport infrastructure.
- Do you have the skills to lead and manage a team to model, plan and deliver an ambitious programme of transport infrastructure development?
- Could you coordinate the identification, specification and development of transport infrastructure developments across the borough in liaison with relevant third parties and align with appropriate current and future funding schemes to inform the scheduling of work?
- Do you have ambition and an eye for identifying and pursuing future opportunities to develop and enhance transport infrastructure across the borough?
If this sounds like you this is your opportunity to join a dynamic team, bringing together transport planning including management of the transportation investment programme, strategic traffic management, supporting complex infrastructure projects, Active Travel Schemes, travel demand management and behaviour change.
What you’ll need
To join us, you’ll need a professional or postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline at level 7, a professional project management qualification and be able to evidence recent professional development in a related area.
You will possess extensive knowledge and understanding of transport and land use planning policies within a local context
You will have significant experience of multi-disciplinary project working, budget and programme development and monitoring, preparing funding bids, and working with elected Members and stakeholders, as well as having strong communication, partnership working and project management skills.
A lot to look forward to
We live and work by our four values: honesty, teamwork, excellent service and taking pride in what we do. As part of our team you can be sure we’ll do all we can to support you in being truly excellent. You see, we prioritise learning and enabling staff to achieve their potential. That’s one of the reasons why we achieved IIP Gold and why you’ll find your career here inspiring and rewarding.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.