Full Time – Permanent
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the London Borough of Redbridge for a Prosecutions Lawyer to join the Council to provide a comprehensive and professional legal service.
You will report to the Principal Lawyer - Litigation within the Legal Department. You will also work closely with other Council departmental clients and specialist departments.
You will provide the Council with expert advice and guidance on aspects of all prosecution related work.
- Provide expertise and knowledge of, and provide advice and guidance and practical assistance on, local government law in the area of prosecution work.
- Conduct a full range of cases for prosecution to include undertaking advocacy in the Courts.
- Advising on evidence and procedure, having conduct of trials and undertaking the preparation of cases. Evaluating evidence and drafting court proceedings/ documentation as required.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold a Solicitor, Barrister, FILEX or similar qualification
- Have experience of criminal litigation, preferably in a local government context
- Have advocacy experience
- Have licensing law experience would be advantage
- Excellent knowledge of the law and practice of criminal law
- Conduct a case load within your area of expertise without supervision
If you feel you meet the above requirements and are keen to join an ambitious, dynamic and innovative team, we would like to hear from you.
Closing Date: 21st April
Interviews: week commencing 4th May
To apply for this job please visit www.redbridge.gov.uk
Ambitious for Redbridge