An exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 x Engineers (Highway Design) to join our extremely busy Highway Design team to deliver our substantial pipeline of major projects in the next few years; having already secured over £33m from the Transforming Cities Fund. We also continue to make successful bids for funding to implement major highway schemes, sustainable / active travel schemes promoting walking, cycling, health and wellbeing.
Resources are required at Engineer level to drive forward our key projects and programmes and having expertise in:
- Civils design experience and the use of AutoCAD, Civils 3D and Micro-drainage
- Feasibility, concept and detail designs
- Working within a Highway Design and multi-disciplinary team
- Produce design concepts, calculations, design details, drawings specifications, and other technical documents
Reporting directly to the Group Leader, Highway Design, you will support the development, management and delivery of an extensive transportation investment programme.
Barnsley is in a period of unprecedented development and good transport, and transport planning is a cornerstone for our future success.
The demand for specialist highway engineering solutions into transport policies and masterplans is greater than ever, alongside the identification, specification and development of major highway infrastructure.
- Do you have the skills to work within the Highway Design team assist with the delivery of an ambitious programme of highway / transport infrastructure development?
- Could you coordinate the identification, specification and development of highway / transport infrastructure developments across the borough in liaison with relevant third parties and align with appropriate current and future funding schemes to inform the scheduling of work?
- Do you have ambition and an eye for identifying and pursuing future opportunities to develop and enhance highway / transport infrastructure across the borough?
If this sounds like you, this is your opportunity to join a dynamic team, bringing together highway design, transport planning including management of the highway and transportation investment programme, strategic traffic management, supporting complex infrastructure projects, Active Travel Schemes, travel demand management and behaviour change.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.