Street Cleansing and Grounds Maintenance Specialist
We are looking to recruit a Contract Monitoring Officer to assist with the management of our Street Cleansing and Grounds Maintenance contracts. Someone who is enthusiastic about improving the environment around them and working with contractors to enable them to provide the best possible service.
As part of the Place Clienting team you will be a key team member working alongside passionate officers covering, grounds maintenance, street cleansing and waste contracts as well as tree maintenance, parks and open spaces and play areas, all with the goal of improving our environment and making these universal services work for our residents.
The role is on a 1-year fixed term contract with a possibility to extend.
Key duties & Responsibilities:
- Responding to customer queries regarding street cleansing and grounds maintenance
- Working with the contract manager, Environmental Localities team and contractors to effectively manage the Grounds Maintenance and Street Cleansing contract
- Solving problems and using judgement to make decisions
- Working collaboratively with the rest of the team to help provide quality service to our residents
- A key point of contact for our contractors and customers
- Monitor performance of both contracts
- Work to develop a partnership approach with contractors and stakeholders
- Ensure services are delivered to specification and complaints are handled effectively and promptly to meet the expected service standards
- Assist in the management of contractual administration matters
- Ensure health and safety standards are complied with
- To assist with projects on behalf of the team
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience working with different stakeholders
- Effective communicator with both the public and contractors
- Experience monitoring contracts
- Knowledge of street cleansing and/or grounds maintenance
- Experience of monitoring budget spend
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Adept at working with various software systems
Full UK driving licence required
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. WBC is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please follow the link to the online Application Form. CV’s are not accepted.