Commercial & Procurement Manager
Salary: MM2 £48,078 to £61,497
X1 Permanent, Full time (36 hours) positions
We are recruiting! During 2020-21 we have redesigned our services and teams to ensure that we can deliver on our promise to residents to deliver, safe, sustainable and quality homes for the future.
We are now recruiting a number of exciting new roles across our Asset Management and Capital Programme teams, to support, design and deliver of our asset, building safety and sustainability programmes.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial and Procurement Manager to join our team. The successful applicant will be required to develop and implement a procurement strategy to deliver the Councils 5-year, housing capital works programme and lead in providing an effective cost management service in relation to this programme.
To succeed in this role, you will be an experienced commercial manager able to manage and motivate colleagues. You will hold an undergraduate degree in Commercial Management or Quantity Surveying and have extensive knowledge of construction contracts.
In this role you will be required to work closely with both internal stakeholders and external organisations. Existing knowledge of OJEU requirements; procurement frameworks and Contract procurement regulations are integral to this role.
Significant experience of working within a local authority or social landlord organisation is desirable.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 4th May 2021
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Paul O'Donnell on 0208 132 0696 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or email@example.com