When Children's Services get involved in the life of a child our priority is to make sure our social workers have the support, time and resources they need to provide an excellent quality of service - the kind of service we ourselves would wish to receive.
We know that the success of ANY team will be dependent upon the people we employ. Social Workers in Wokingham are valued for the important and challenging work they undertake and will find an environment where their learning and development is promoted and supported.
We have a great opportunity for a full time Family and Friends Social Worker (based in our Family Placement Team). This busy team is very experienced, highly supportive, friendly and enthusiastic about what they do. They work hard but also find time to celebrate achievements and good practice. The Family & Friends Team work closely and cooperatively with colleagues within the Family Placement Team, with social workers and managers from other Children’s Services, and with the Joint Legal Team. The work is interesting, often complex and challenging but is crucial to achieving placement stability and permanence.
Main accountabilities of the role:
- Viability assessments, often jointly with social workers for children/young people.
- Fostering assessments and presenting to Fostering Panel.
- Special guardianship assessments for court, in conjunction with social workers for children/young people.
- Supporting and supervising connected person foster carers.
- Taking part in the Family Placement Team (FPT) duty system, supporting colleagues and contributing to service delivery and development.
Given that the work involves completing assessments within specified timescales and against court deadlines, you must have good planning and organisational skills. We will support you to do this.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be Social Work England registered.
- Have experience of completing assessments and good report writing skills.
- Understand the statutory duties and responsibilities of Children’s Services in this area of practice.
- Be committed to extending your knowledge, skills and experience through learning and development and working closely with others.
Please go to www.wokingham.gov.uk/why-wokingham-childrens-services for more information about Our Offer to our social workers.
If you are interested please contact Spencer Duvwiama, Family Placement Team Manager, at Spencer.Duvwiama@wokingham.gov.uk
To apply, please follow the link below to complete the online application form.
Closing Date: 11.00pm 22/01/2021
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
WBC is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.