Hours of work: 37hrs per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Fixed term for: 1 year
Closing date: 18 April 2021
Interview date: WC: 26 April 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact Ricky Whitmore, IT Chief Architect on 01273 482881.
East Sussex IT & Digital services are looking for an experienced IT Architect or Business Analyst to support and work within the architecture team.
The successful candidate will be joining a well-established and diverse architecture team which undertake initial scoping of projects by working with our customers to understand and capture their requirements. The team follow TOGAF methodology and have access to industry standard tools to support their work. The successful candidate will also be issued with a council 2-in-1 convertible laptop and mobile phone (iPhone) to allow them to undertake their work.
The successful applicant will be working with stakeholders across the council and have the opportunity to support and provide value to the front-line services the council provides to its businesses and residents.
The successful applicant will be required to manage their own workload and priorities. They will have the ability to work from a friendly and supportive team environment, at home or from a council building (subject to COVID secure working policies and practices) in a flexible way when not meeting stakeholders.
The role will undertake the following activities;
- Support the IT&D project pipeline buy undertaking pre-project scoping work
- The design of the ICT systems solution architecture in line with best industry practice
- Provide analysis and documentation of business and ICT requirements and design principles.
- Evaluate suitable solutions and produce option reports.
- Map systems according to the councils metamodel and keep the architecture repository and other systems of records up to date
The successful applicant must have the following essential skill set;
- Business analyst practices and techniques such as requirement gathering, SWOT analysis and value stream mapping.
- Some knowledge of architectural frameworks.
- Some level of technical architecture, terminology, security and enterprise systems knowledge.
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.