Finance Assistant – Accounts Payable (PT)
Part Time 29.6 hours (Monday – Thursday)
£19,312 - £20,092 (FTE)
RG3 (scp 5-scp 7)
If you’re looking to combine a challenging new role with an excellent quality of life, take a close look at Reading Borough Council. You’ll be part of an ambitious organisation that’s driven by innovation, fresh thinking and an entrepreneurial spirit. As for your future, there’s everything to gain. As a learning organisation, we offer exceptional opportunities for training, development and career progression.
About the role
Reporting to the Exchequer Manager you will be a key part of a high performing Accounts Payable team that aims to deliver consistently high-quality outcomes and strives to be seen as highly collaborative and partnering with many and diverse areas of the council. This varied role will process all AP work in a proactive and effective way, with high levels of accuracy.
- QBE with good double entry understanding of AP/AR, Bank recs, Cashiering etc.
- Accounts Payable, Accounting or Finance environment within a large organisation.
- Public sector experience useful but not essential.
- Experience of dealing with Suppliers and internal staff in a calm professional manner.
- Experience of Accounts Payable activities including data entry, supplier reconciliations and Purchasing Cards.
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines.
- Confident with complicated Excel Spreadsheets, setting up as well as data entry.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 18th April
Interview Date: w/c 19th April
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.