Hours of work: 32.5 hours per week - split over 2 weeks
Working pattern: Part-time, includes weekend working
Closing date: Sunday 25 April 2021
Interview date: to be arranged
For an informal discussion, please contact Catherine Al Hashmi - (Senior Administrator) on 01424 725386.
About the role
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To provide reception cover at Milton Grange, providing an initial point of contact for visitors and clients.
- Undertake administrative duties in accordance with statutory and departmental requirements including providing telephone cover and message service, process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Respond to enquiries and assist clients and members of staff at the reception point in the establishment
- Ensure that visitors follow procedures in terms of entering and leaving the building. Liaise with senior staff should there be any concerns regarding any visitor.
- Have an awareness of clients who may be vulnerable were they to leave the building unaccompanied – alert staff if there is any concern that this may occur.
- Liaise with operational and departmental staff, clients and other agencies as appropriate, sharing information as directed and ensuring Council procedures are properly followed.
- Maintain and update departmental information.
- Maintain all paper and electronic filing systems, including establishment of new files and preparing existing files to be sent for scanning.
- Undertake photocopying, scanning and fax transmissions, as requested.
- Support managers in maintaining property and facilities and their security.
- Attend staff meetings, supervision and training as required, including participation in the annual performance appraisal review scheme.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to http://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. Please note that we require evidence of an overseas police check if you have lived or worked abroad.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.