Hours of work: 37 per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Fixed term for: 1 year
Closing date: Sunday 18 April 2021
Interview date: WC: 26 April 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact Ricky Whitmore, IT Chief Architect on 01273 482881.
About the role
East Sussex IT & Digital services are looking for an experienced IT Architect to support and work within the architecture team.
The successful candidate will be joining a well-established and diverse architecture team which undertake initial scoping of projects by working with our customers to understand and capture their requirements. The team follow TOGAF methodology and have access to industry standard tools to support their work. The successful candidate will also be issued with a council 2-in-1 convertible laptop and mobile phone (iPhone) to allow them to undertake their work.
This role will also be required to take a lead on developing new strategies for the continued development of the council’s IT estate and new digital technologies.
The successful applicant will be working with stakeholders across the council and have the opportunity to support and provide value to the front-line services the council provides to its businesses and residents.
The successful applicant will be required to manage their own workload and priorities. They will have the ability to work from a friendly and supportive team environment, at home or from a council building (subject to COVID secure working policies and practices) in a flexible way when not meeting stakeholders.
The role will undertake the following activities;
- Support the IT&D project pipeline buy undertaking pre-project scoping work.
- The design of the ICT systems solution architecture in line with best industry practice.
- Provide analysis and documentation of business and ICT requirements and design principles.
- Evaluate suitable solutions and produce option reports.
- Map complex systems according to the councils metamodel and keep the architecture repository and other systems of records up to date.
- Monitor technology trends and support or develop council strategies around the changing technology landscape.
The successful applicant must have the following essential skill set;
- Business analyst practices and techniques such as requirement gathering, SWOT analysis and value stream mapping.
- Knowledge of The Open Group Architectural Framework.
- A strong level of technical architecture, terminology, security and enterprise systems knowledge.
- Some experience of working in a technical environment.
- Have knowledge of and keep track of future technology trends.
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills.
The post is available on a 1-year fixed term contract to cover secondments within the team, with the possibility of the term being extended.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.