Hours of work: Full-time teachers hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Midday, Thursday 29 April 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Stafford Junior School, Ringwood Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN22 8UA
Phone: 01323 733 434
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Are you an outstanding teacher with a passion for teaching and learning - and a deep understanding of how children learn? Can you inspire and motivate pupils to be the very best that they can be?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a class teacher to join our rapidly improving Junior School located in the lovely town of Eastbourne. Whilst the school is currently in the Ofsted category of Special Measures, there has been significant improvement to the children's attitudes to learning and their behaviour, the curriculum offer and capacity of leadership for improvement since this inspection, as recognised in our recent monitoring inspection of remote learning. This is an exciting time to join the team and influence our journey.
Stafford Junior School is a large Junior School with fantastic grounds. We are part of the Roselands & Stafford Federation which has been in place since September 2015. The Federation is currently working in partnership with Cavendish Education Trust (CET) and this partnership includes leadership from the Executive Headteacher of Cavendish Primary. Stafford Junior will become part of CET as a sponsored academy in the near future.
The Interim Executive Board (IEB) for Roselands & Stafford Federation would like to appoint an inspirational classroom teacher to join the team at Stafford Junior School on the next stage of the journey towards ‘Good’. If you have the skills, drive and enthusiasm this could be the perfect role for you.
We are looking for an outstanding classroom teacher, who establishes and maintains the highest standards, is flexible and inspiring as a colleague.
We are offering you:
- an ambitious and challenging place to work with children who deserve the very best;
- a genuine opportunity to teach and really make a real difference to the lives of our wonderful pupils;
- high quality support and CPD to ensure you are successful
- a school which invests in developing the whole child and is committed to developing opportunities in STEM, music, art, the Connected Curriculum and Forest Schools
- a commitment to staff wellbeing - developing empowered staff who feel valued and know that they make a difference;
- a committed and fun staff team;
- a newly refurbished learning environment;
- the opportunity to work in partnership with the Cavendish Education Trust.
The successful candidates will:
- Inspire, challenge and motivate children
- Have a passion for first class teaching and learning
- Is committed to bringing the curriculum alive through inspirational learning
- Is creative in their approach and can see beyond the classroom
- Believes in creating strong, positive relationships with the children, developing them personally, socially, emotionally and academically
- Has the ability and determination to ensure excellent progress and to raise standards
- Has a commitment to personal and professional development
- Be a team player who is supportive of colleagues
If you would like to join a school with a great focus on creating an inclusive environment and where children are empowered to be their best, then please apply. You will join a team of dedicated and caring staff in establishing the best provision, learning and progress for all our children.
We would strongly recommend candidates visit our school prior to an application to appreciate the potential of this opportunity and allow us to answer any questions you may have. Any visits that take place will be subject to COVID rules.
Interviews will be completed onsite and will be subject to our COVID restrictions.
Closing date: Thursday 29 April 2021 at midday
Interviews: Tuesday 04 May 2021
Applications made by CV will not be accepted. We would consider part time applications from exceptional candidates. Please note that this position is not suitable for NQTs.
Interested candidates should contact the Head of School, Mrs Corrine Crawford, on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit to the school.
Please email email@example.com for a recruitment pack.
Please send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.