Hours of work: Full-time teachers' hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Friday 23 April 2021, midday
Interview date: Tuesday 27 and Wednesday 28 April 2021
Interviews will be a 2 day process with day one completed onsite and day two remotely. Any visits onsite will be subject to our COVID restrictions.#
Applications made by CV will not be accepted. We would consider part time applications from exceptional candidates.
Interested candidates should contact the Head of School, Mrs Corrine Crawford, on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit to the school.
Please email email@example.com for a recruitment pack.
Please send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Are you an outstanding practitioner with a passion for teaching and learning - and a deep understanding of learning in Maths? Are you ready to empower others and to genuinely make a difference across the school? Can you inspire and motivate pupils and staff to be the very best that they can be?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support the leadership of our rapidly improving Junior School located in the lovely town of Eastbourne. Whilst the school is currently in the Ofsted category of Special Measures, there has been significant improvement to the children's attitudes to learning and their behaviour, the curriculum offer and capacity of leadership for improvement since this inspection, as recognised in our recent monitoring inspection of remote learning. This is an exciting time to join the team and influence our journey.
Stafford Junior School is a large Junior School with fantastic grounds. We are part of the Roselands & Stafford Federation which has been in place since September 2015. The Federation is currently working in partnership with Cavendish Education Trust (CET) and this partnership includes leadership from the Executive Headteacher of Cavendish Primary. Stafford Junior will become part of CET as a sponsored academy in the near future.
The Interim Executive Board (IEB) for Roselands & Stafford Federation would like to appoint an inspirational and visionary Assistant Headteacher with responsibility for Teaching and Learning to support the leadership of Stafford Junior School on the next stage of the journey towards ‘Good’.
The role of Assistant Headteacher is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and inspiring leader to develop their leadership further and to really drive the learning of Maths throughout the school. We are working closely with Sussex Maths Hubs and have invested heavily in manipulatives and mathematical resources. We are looking for a new Assistant Headteacher to develop pedagogy, develop teaching and learning and to help shape the future direction of our lovely school.
We are looking for
- an outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations of children's learning and behaviour - someone who will lead by example;
- strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to foster good professional relationships very quickly with pupils, families and external partners
- a proven track record of raising pupil achievement, as a teacher and as a leader
- someone who can coach and mentor others with demonstrable impact
- strong leadership skills with the ability to foster a culture of enthusiasm, creativity and positivity - someone who will empower others
- someone who is determined and resilient with high expectations of themselves
- someone who will champion a sense of pride in our community
- creativity and ability to problem solve
- integrity, tenacity and enthusiasm to fulfil the role
We are offering you:
- an ambitious and challenging place to work with children and staff who deserve the very best;
- an exciting opportunity to play a crucial role in shaping the future of the school and Federation;
- a genuine opportunity to teach and really make a real difference to the lives of our pupils;
- high quality support and CPD to ensure you are successful - including through the Cavendish Leadership Programme;
- a school which invests in developing the whole child and is committed to developing opportunities in STEM, music, art, the Connected Curriculum and Forest Schools
- a commitment to staff wellbeing - developing empowered staff who feel valued and know that they make a difference;
- a newly refurbished learning environment;
- the opportunity to work in partnership with the Cavendish Education Trust.
Our children deserve the very best. If you offer creativity and imagination with the ability to motivate, challenge and inspire staff and students; combining professional integrity with high expectations of yourself and others, we would love to hear from you.
We would strongly recommend candidates visit our school prior to an application to appreciate the potential of this opportunity and allow us to answer any questions you may have. Any visits that take place will be subject to COVID rules.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.