Hours of work: 32.5 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only (working for 39 weeks per year plus 8 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 year’s continuous service)
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Fixed term for: 12 months
Closing date: Monday 26 April 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Ringmer Primary & Nursey School, Harrisons Lane, Ringmer, East Sussex, BN8 5LL
Phone: 01273 812463
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
An opportunity has arisen to join our dedicated staff team at Ringmer Primary and Nursery School. We are a warm and welcoming village school at the heart of the community with the children who are well behaved and enthusiastic learners.
Our support staff team are key and valued part of our school community. They are skilled and friendly, enjoy the benefits of regular CPD and a strong wellbeing program.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant level 3 to join our highly committed and supportive staff team to start as soon as possible.
The hours are (Fixed-term for one year in the first instance due to pupil numbers):
Monday to Friday: 8.45am-12/12.15pm
Monday to Friday: 1/1.15pm-3.15pm
Monday to Friday: 30 minutes lunch supervision
Expectations of the role:
- To contribute to a wide range of teaching and learning activities, including class based work, group teaching and individual pupil support in order to assist and support the work of qualified teachers
- To work within the statutory frameworks relevant to the role
The successful candidate will:
- Experience of working with primary school aged children in range of contexts
- Have a good level of literacy and mathematical skills
- Be dedicated to providing, alongside the class teacher, a secure and inspiring learning environment where children can thrive
- Be effective in establishing positive, professional relationships with pupils, staff and parents
- Be able to assist in the planning and preparation of resources
- Be responsible for keeping records and providing feedback to the class teacher in relation to children's progress and achievement
We can offer you a friendly, supportive school and opportunities for professional development.
Contact the school is much encouraged and warmly welcomed. Further details about the post and an application pack are available from the school office on 01273 812463 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.