This opportunity forms part of the contract management team within the Independent Living Service (ILS), which sits within the council's Adults and Health Directorate. It consists of a collection of different services, whose aim is to work with people presenting with social care needs to promote independence and prevent, reduce, or delay the need for ongoing support.
We provide a working environment that values professional supervision and support. This provides our workforce with what they need to deliver the best possible outcomes for our residents. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, why not join us and let's make a difference to our communities together!
About The Job
Salary: Grade 5 £20,092 to £20,493
Working Pattern: Full time, 37 hours
Contract Length: Permanent
In this exciting opportunity, you will provide reliable, efficient and effective flexible support to a range of teams across both the Independent Living Service and Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT), as well as engaging in day-to-day liaison with contracted service providers and stakeholders.
The successful person will need to possess good communication skills, both written and verbal as you will be required to communicate appropriately with stakeholders / partner or people who may be occasionally upset, confused or angry. You will need an excellent understanding and experience of administrative tasks and the ability to assist with the production of management and statistical information would be highly beneficial to this role, as well as being self-motivated, conscientious and able to manage your time effectively.
Experience and Skills
- Effective written communication skills to process letters and respond to emails appropriately.
- Good verbal communication skills for answering telephone queries effectively and providing clear and concise advice in ways that promote understanding.
- Ability to exercise tact and sensitivity when responding to queries of a sensitive nature and / or dealing with members of the public who may be upset, angry or confused.
- Sound and accurate overall IT and keyboard skills including SharePoint, Word and Excel (or equivalent) for daily office duties such as using e-mail, word processing documents or creating and updating technically specialist spreadsheets.
- Ability to embrace change and adapt to changing situations and new ways of working positively and effectively. Including the ability to learn new systems and processes.
- Ability to prioritise daily workload to meet timescales and objectives.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- 4 GCSEs with A-C passes including Maths and English or equivalent qualification or experience demonstrating that level of numeracy and literacy.
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) part qualified at Foundation level NVQ 2 or studying towards an equivalent qualification or an interest in progressing with this qualification.
- Relevant technical knowledge of systems, procedures and practices associated with operating an administrative service in an office environment.
- Experience of working in a customer orientated environment.
- Experience providing specialist advice to managers or customers, including explaining financial information or other technical information.
- Experience of working in an analytical and financial environment.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually.
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme.
- A range of flexible working options.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE03075 .
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Michelle Lock, Service Relationship Manager on 03302 228 140. For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!