Wirral is home to vibrant, energetic and engaged communities, people who take real ownership of their local area and are passionate about making Wirral a better place. The council and its partners have pledged to #BeTheDifference.
We’ve got ambitious targets to meet by 2025. To achieve everything we have promised to our residents, we need people who are driven and ready to deliver the very best for our communities - #BeTheDifference.
Full Time, Temporary Opportunity Available.
12 months Fixed Term Contract or Secondment Opportunity.
An exciting opportunity has arisen on a temporary basis to join our Property Pool Plus Team. The post holder will be required to maintain an up to date register of eligible, correctly banded applicants for social housing. They will further assist the landlords and applicants so that social housing in Wirral is advertised and let efficiently through Choice Based Lettings in accordance with the allocations policy.
Some key responsibilities day to day will be:
- Make all the necessary checks in accordance with the Allocation Policy in relation to support needs assessment, eligibility, exclusion and reduced preference.
- Investigate and make decisions on applicants who are to be made non-qualifying or placed in a reduced preference band.
- Assess the suitability of current housing conditions and determine applicants' need for rehousing including carrying out home visits and liaising with staff from other departments, landlords and external agencies about these needs where appropriate.
- Identify discrepancies, anomalies and cases which fall outside the policy, and report these to the Manager to inform future development of the policy.
- Provide advice and assistance to applicants, and advise staff from other departments, partner housing association and agencies about applications and options for housing.
The ideal candidate will have worked within a Housing or Welfare related setting and have experience of working with the public. We are looking for strong ICT, verbal and written communication skills and further showing the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
It would be advantageous to have experience working with vulnerable adults in a welfare/housing setting and have knowledge of housing policy and procedure.
Interviews are anticipated for early April 2021.
Do you want to #BeTheDifference?
Click below and tell us why.
Please note that in accordance with the Council’s policy, employees who are in a formal redeployment situation will be considered in the first instance for all vacancies.
It is Council policy not to re-appoint any employee who has left under the terms of the Council's Early Voluntary Retirement (EVR) scheme or who have left with a voluntary severance (VS) package, unless in exceptional circumstances.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications.
Applications can only be accepted through the Jobs page following registration. Forms received via the post will not be processed.
All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK. Details of required documents can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the Jobs page.
The job description and other supporting documents will not be accessible once the vacancy closing date has passed so if a copy is required you should download it now.
How to Apply
Please apply online by clicking the link below