Job Title: Debt Recovery Officers (Specialist)
1 Full time (37 hr week) – Permanent position up until 31.03.23
Grade / Salary: Grade 5 (£22,183 - £24,491) (pay award pending)
Are you an experienced Debt Recovery Officer who knows how to maximise income collection?
Wokingham Borough Council who are based in Wokingham Town Centre is currently recruiting for an experienced Debt Recovery Officer to be a key part of the Council’s Income, Payments and Recovery Team.
The purpose of the role is to take responsibility for recovering outstanding debt due to the Council, mainly by telephone, email, texts and letters. To assist and support the direction, priorities and plans for the service, making a positive contribution to the way the 'Team' delivers its service.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
- Proactively support the team, Customer Delivery Officers with income maximisation
- Provide a professional service on all debt related matters including Cashiers, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- To provide excellent services within a climate of continuous improvement
- Support the team to make the improvement/transformation agenda within the debtors unit to support services in meeting local and corporate objectives
- To assist and support strategies for the Council in the revenue generation/maximisation environment
- Promote, develop and manage effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate effectively with employees so that they understand the aims of the Council
- To respond to internal audit reviews and implement action plans
- Support the management of risk assessments
Skills, Attributes & Experience required:-
- Excellent written verbal communication skills
- Ability to actively manage a mixture of inbound/outbound calls
- Previous debt recovery experience
- Ability to extract and assess important information
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Work, Outlook and Excel
- Target driven to deliver a consistently high level of customer service
- Proven track record of being a fast learner (training will be provided)
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to be a key player in Wokingham Borough Council’s Income, Payments and Recovery Team.
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please contact Andrew Kupusarevic, Service Manager, Income, Payments and Recovery on:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07920 785784 for an informal discussion.
- Previous applicants need not apply
- No agencies please
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. To apply, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date for applications: 18.04.2021 (00.00)