Job Title: Projects Officer - Land Management
Salary Range: £23,080 progressing to £30,451 per annum
Hours: 37 per week
Contract: Fixed Term
We are looking for three experienced candidates to join our successful Land Management Team. You will be involved in everything from identifying opportunities to selling ideas, writing plans and securing funds to make these a reality.
Our ambitious Sustainable Hertfordshire Strategy has committed the authority to improving biodiversity across the county by 20% by 2050, starting with our own land by 2030. This is your opportunity to join our Countryside & Rights of Way Service, playing a vital role in making these challenging targets a reality.
Over the next two years we plan to engage with a broad range of internal and external partners, across communities, within other local authorities and with farmers and private landowners. Through partnership working with these stakeholders, we aim to identify and deliver changes in the ways that we collectively manage our land for wildlife and our residents at a landscape scale.
- Access to a vehicle and ability to travel across the county is essential
- Demonstrable track record in the areas of countryside management, greenspace development or delivery of green infrastructure
- Providing a professional advisory service to a range of land managers
- Writing management plans and proposals for ecological improvements
- Securing funds from external providers
- Producing specifications, procuring works and managing delivery through contractors
- Working collaboratively with our Access and Communities Teams to support a diverse portfolio of activity
To find out more or discuss this stimulating, varied and worthwhile challenge, please visit our:
Website - www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/cms
Facebook page - www.facebook.com/HertsCMS
Apply now online at www.countyofopportunity.co.uk quoting reference HCC
Closing Date: 18th April 2021
Interview Date: W/C 3rd May
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Andrew Taylor on 01992 556063.
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.