Grade 7- £35751 - £39867pa - Fixed Term Contract/Secondment Opportunity until 31st March 2022
oneSource is a shared services organisation, supporting Newham and Havering councils to collaborate and allow a better working for residents, businesses and the councils overall.
The IT Projects, Programmes and Development team provides IT project management resources for infrastructure technology and business-led projects to London Borough of Havering and London Borough of Newham.
This service is key to the delivery of progressive change within the organisation, delivering projects and programmes of variable scale, all directly affecting the services within the organisation and within the boroughs.
About the Job
This role will support the delivery of quality products for OneSource within the boroughs. By supporting the projects directly, and indirectly, this role will ensure change is effective, efficient and measurably beneficial to key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Provide essential management information, presented in a variety of methods about the performance and progress of projects
- Support the change and planning of projects throughout the lifecycle
- Learn, adapt and adopt multiple project methodologies
- Support all forecasting requirements, from financial to resourcing
You will need to have a demonstratable set of skills, including but not limited to:
- Project planning and PMO skills.
- Skilled in use of the Microsoft Office software suite.
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- An understanding of Local Government.
- Ability to work in partnership with others
- Ability to monitor project resources exploiting appropriate project management techniques
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed oral, written and presentation skills, and the ability to influence and negotiate effectively.
- Well-developed problem solving and evaluation skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Shows a resilience and tenacity under pressure.
- Shows a high drive for achievement.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to the promotion of equal opportunities.
- Design, define and automate any relevant processes within the change function
- Develop all tooling in support of successful project delivery
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Liz Dixon on 01708 434560.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 12/04/2021 however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful. Interviews dates are to be confirmed.
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.
Please view the ICT Programme Support Analyst Job profile here