Grade 9 - 10, £37,548 - to £46,485 (inclusive of local weighting) depending on experience, plus a one-off £5,000 welcome payment*. Full time (part-time working and job share considered). Permanent. Based in Hertford. Closing date is Friday 23 April at 5pm.
* repayable if you left the council within 18 months of receiving the payment
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to join our Development Management team. We are looking for a proactive and committed team player with a passion for high quality sustainable development.
This is a senior role within the Development Management team. You will have a caseload of your own significant sites, delegated authority for determining planning and associated applications, and the opportunity to mentor and support Planning Officers.
• Responsible for a caseload of complex, generally ‘major’ applications, including pre-application submissions and master planning
• Act as a decision making officer determining applications
• Important role in the delivery of significant new development in the district
• Presentation of applications to committee and stakeholder meetings
• Mentoring and supporting colleagues in the planning service
• Deputising for and supporting the Service Manager
• Ensuring that development of the highest quality is secured meeting policy and corporate objectives
The ideal candidate will have
• A degree and/or postgraduate qualification in town and country planning
• Membership of the RTPI (desirable)
• Experience of dealing with work at a senior level with minimal supervision
• A valid, full driving licence
How to apply
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Sara Saunders, Head of Planning and Building on 01992 531656.
Closing date: 23 April 2021.
Interviews will be held at the beginning of May 2021
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has not been successful.
If your application has been successful, the recruiting manager will contact you to invite you to an interview. We hope you enjoy the process and look forward to making contact with you very soon.
EHC is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, religious belief age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.