Salary - £10,037 to £11,304 Per Year
Term-time only, Part-time: 23 hours per week, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri - (8.45am start would be desirable)
FIXED TERM CONTRACT UNTIL AUGUST 2021 WITH A VIEW TO EXTEND TO AUGUST 2022
(6 months probationary period)
We are looking to appoint a 1:1 Teaching Assistant to join our friendly and dedicated staff team.
This position is to support a Year 5 child with visual impairment and is on a fixed term contract, with a view to extending this for as long as the child requires assistance.
The post holder will be required to work independently with a named visually impaired child, to work with groups and to support the class teacher to contribute towards the design, evaluation and modification of work programmes as required.
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience of working with children within a school setting
- is competent at using and learning a variety of technology
- is willing and able to learn Braille
- is willing to complete further training
- has experience and training working with a child who has visual impairment (This is desirable, but not essential for the right candidate.)
- will be a good communicator
- is passionate about children’s learning and every child achieving their full potential
- is able to adapt and respond to the developing needs of a child and can work well within a team
We can offer:
- a caring, happy school with a clear vision for all of our children’s education
- high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour
- experienced, committed and supportive colleagues
For an applicant pack please email email@example.com or call 0118 937 5515. Please do not send a CV. Please visit our website - http://parklaneblogs.net
For the purposes of Equal Opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Unfortunately, due to Covid 19, visits to our school are not possible at the moment. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via video conferencing.
Closing date for all applicants: FRIDAY 16th APRIL 2021
Interview date: Friday 23rd APRIL 2021
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be sought from the successful candidate.
We will process personal data and sensitive personal data (also known as ‘special categories of personal data’) and criminal records data relating to you in accordance with our Data protection policy and in accordance with data protection laws.