MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To provide a high quality reception and switchboard service and act as the main point of contact for all visitors to the corporate offices of the County Council.
- To undertake reception duties and provide a high quality front of house service.
- Answer all calls, promptly, politely and efficiently, in the prescribed manner. Take messages and redirect calls when necessary whilst retaining ownership.
- Control site access for staff, visitors and contractors in accordance with client and safety procedures.
- Oversee meeting room bookings when required and in accordance with procedures.
- Be the Responsible Person with regards to First Aid provision
- Report all faults in accordance with procedures.
- Administer car park bookings as required
- Be a first point of contact for meeting room audio and visual problems.
- Assist with other administration duties as requested, including preparing letters and bulk mailings, reports, memos and presentations, filing, photocopying using a range of IT packages to complete these tasks.
- Take responsibility for the security of monies in the safe as required.
- Maintain a smart appearance and wear uniform where provided.
- On occasion, be prepared to cover other corporate reception sites as required.