East Sussex County Council (ESCC) is recruiting a qualified Education Mental Health Practitioner (EMHP) to join our Mental Health Support Team (MHST) working with primary and secondary schools in Bexhill & Rother.
Our MHST in Bexhill & Rother delivers evidence-based interventions based on the Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic (CBT) approach in schools. We work directly with children and young people aged 7-17 with mild to moderate mental health issues, and their parents and carers. We also work with schools to develop or enhance their whole school approach to emotional health and wellbeing and mental health. As an EMPH you will be working as part of a dynamic integrated mental health team. This approach requires creativity, flexibility and adaptability, and above all a passion for working with children and young people in educational settings. You will receive clinical supervision to support your interventions and have the opportunity to develop your practice.
The Education Mental Health Practitioner role will:
- Work closely alongside a team of mental health professionals delivering a wide range of evidence informed interventions. This will include working one to one and delivering groupwork interventions.
- Use evidence-based skills to work directly with children, young people and families.
- Carry out holistic and child-centred mental health assessments, including risk assessments.
- Work within designated schools, developing relationships with the Mental Health lead in the school. Offer consultation on possible referrals to the service.
- Work within the safeguarding protocols of the schools.