Pay salary MPS/UPS plus possible SEN allowance depending on qualifications and experience
St.Michael’s Primary School - rated by Ofsted as ‘Good’- is a warm and welcoming school situated in the heart of the Tilehurst community.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, creative and enthusiastic teacher, who will help to grow our provision for our SEN children through managing the teaching and learning in our Nurture Room, whilst training to become an additional SENDCO for our school.
This person will be able to work under the direction of our experienced inclusion lead.
What we can offer:
- A welcoming and caring ethos.
- An experienced and supportive team of staff and governors.
- Excellent teaching resources and working environment.
- High quality professional development.
- A track record of attracting, nurturing and growing talent.
- Children who are confident and enjoy coming to school.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is therapeutic in the management of children's behaviour and promotes this across the school
- Understands the importance of mental health and well-being
- Is caring and supportive of children and parents
- Aspires for the best for all children and is inclusive in their practice
- Is a team player with experience of managing staff
- Is committed to completing the National Award for SEND coordinators
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit, or if you require any further information, please contact us on 0118 901 5550 or contact us by email: Businessmanager@stmichaels.reading.sch.uk
Application forms and Job description can be found a: www.stmichaels.reading.sch.uk
Closing date: Friday 23rd April
Interviews: Week beginning 26th April
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Baring Service check