Hours of work: 18.5 per week
Working pattern: Part-time
Closing date: Sunday 18 April 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact Samantha Edwards – Business Support Practice Manager on 01323 747022
About the role
Adoption South East (ASE) is looking to recruit 2 part time System Support Analysts.
This is a new and exciting role to support with the development and implementation of a new case management system for Adoption South East, and to provide ongoing system support once it is live.
Adoption South East (ASE) is a regional adoption agency providing adoption services on behalf of 4 local authorities (Surrey, West Sussex, East Sussex and Brighton and Hove)
We are looking for highly motivated people with a sharp analytical mind who are willing to turn their hand to whatever needs doing to deliver the system changes. Your most important attributes will be: a positive can-do attitude; ability to learn computer systems quickly; ability to understand and document processes; analytical skills to determine any impacts to changes being made; ability to develop excellent working relationships with stakeholders; a keen interest in creating efficiency through system developments; and an excellent eye for detail.
As the support analyst for Adoption South East you will be responsible for delivering:
- Charms system updates to forms and fields – overseeing the addition and removal of forms/fields in conjunction with the business and supplier
- Gathering and collating requirements for system development
- Managing and overseeing access control for the Charms system for users across the Region
- Managing and overseeing access control for the Charms Portal for approved external third-party users
- Co-ordinating and testing enhancements/changes to the entire Charms system in conjunction with the Data Information Officer and key business leads, managers and supplier
- Peer training – Providing training and knowledge transfer
- Provide input to the development of end user training material and delivery
- To provide advice and consultancy to business managers on potential use of Charms
- To assist in the analysis and development of business and ICT needs, produce user requirements specifications and options appraisals, and work on the design and/or evaluation of changes to processes and/or suitable information systems designed to deliver improved services.
- To assist in the selection of staff, to motivate, counsel, coach and develop staff to ensure the efficient and effective achievement of individual, team and departmental objectives.
The successful candidate must be able to undertake occasional travel across the Adoption South East Region for meetings.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to http://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. Please note that we require evidence of an overseas police check if you have lived or worked abroad.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.