Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Sunday 11 April 2021
Interview date: TBC
For an informal discussion, please contact Robert Ablitt - Building Manager on 01323747245.
About the role
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To provide a high quality reception and switchboard service and act as the main point of contact for all visitors to the corporate offices of the County Council.
- To undertake reception duties and provide a high quality front of house service.
- Answer all calls, promptly, politely and efficiently, in the prescribed manner. Take messages and redirect calls when necessary whilst retaining ownership.
- Control site access for staff, visitors and contractors in accordance with client and safety procedures.
- Oversee meeting room bookings when required and in accordance with procedures.
- Be the Responsible Person with regards to First Aid provision
- Report all faults in accordance with procedures.
- Administer car park bookings as required
- Be a first point of contact for meeting room audio and visual problems.
- Assist with other administration duties as requested, including preparing letters and bulk mailings, reports, memos and presentations, filing, photocopying using a range of IT packages to complete these tasks.
- Take responsibility for the security of monies in the safe as required.
- Maintain a smart appearance and wear uniform where provided.
- On occasion, be prepared to cover other corporate reception sites as required.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to http://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. Please note that we require evidence of an overseas police check if you have lived or worked abroad.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.