Job Title: Healthy Places Officer
Location: County Hall, Hertford (with travel to other bases)
Salary Range: £35,745 pa progressing to £39,880 pa
Hours: Full Time Hours
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the creation of healthier places to improve the health and wellbeing in Hertfordshire. Working for Public Health will give you an alternative perspective on town planning, housing, transport and environment, as we as useful career experience. Our work is diverse, with a range of functions that include the promotion of healthy environments, commissioning of a range of services (e.g. sexual health and drug and alcohol), and partnership working to improve health outcomes within Hertfordshire.
Hertfordshire is experiencing unprecedented growth with at least 100,000 new homes and 100,000 new jobs to be created by 2031. This is an exciting post capitalising on opportunities that the Council’s ambitious growth agenda presents for creating healthy places for our residents to live, work and socialise.
Under the guidance of the Strategic Lead, you will support the delivery of a large and complex programme of work to promote health and wellbeing and reduce health inequalities through addressing the wider determinants of health (namely the built and natural environment).
Skills & Experience
To be successful you will have:
- A commitment to working collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders and a passion for promoting good health and wellbeing
- An understanding of spatial planning and the wider environmental determinants and how they can promote health and reduce inequalities for our residents
- Experience of working with a Local Authority, Public Health or multi-agency partnership setting
- Influencing and negotiation skills used effectively and persuasively in support of organisational aims and objectives
- Effective interpersonal skills, including establishing and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external partners
- The ability to present complex and sensitive information to both specialists and non-specialist audiences and individuals.
Please ensure your application includes a supporting statement which addresses how you meet the requirements of the role. Any applications without a supporting statement will be rejected.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11 April 2021
Interview date: TBC