At South Kesteven District Council, we want to change people's lives in meaningful ways by becoming the best District in which to live, work, and visit. And it's our people in TeamSK who make it all possible.
You will provide leadership across a range of service areas including Environmental Health, Private Sector Housing, Neighbourhoods and Licensing where you will work with the team leaders to ensure corporate priorities and statutory responsibilities are met and work collaboratively to drive forward the council’s vision.
You will ideally be an all-rounder, bringing experience of working at a managerial level in local government, but anyone who has experience of managing least one of the service areas mentioned is encouraged to apply.
We are committed to caring for our employees both inside and outside the workplace and provide a variety of benefits, such as:
- a generous pension scheme
- opportunities to progress and develop your career and skillset
- access to a range of health and wellbeing activities
- flexible working
- generous leave entitlement of 25 days (rising to 30 days after 5 years' service) and the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- travel season ticket loan and a variety of other staff/family friendly benefits and discounts
- Relocation package available for the right candidate
- Payment of Chartered Institute of Environmental Health professional membership fee
For an informal chat about the role please contact Anne-Marie Coulthard 01476 406319