About The Job
Salary: £20,092 - £20,493
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract Length: Permanent
Interview Date: 28 and 29 April 2021 (Microsoft Teams)
As an SEN Caseworker working within this busy team, your focus will be to offer specialist administrative support to the consideration of Early Year's referrals, EHC Needs Assessment Requests and to the assessment and review processes.
The successful candidate will be skilled and efficient administrators with excellent communication skills, good organisations skills and will work well as part of a team. You will work collaboratively with colleagues to support the delivery of key tasks in line within statutory timescales.
Experience and Skills
- Strong customer focus with the ability to work as a key point of contact for advice and guidance for customers and colleagues, and provide a professional service to meet customers needs.
- Ability to work as part of a team completing shared tasks in order to deliver a service to others.
- Good IT skills including Word and Excel (or equivalent packages) for word processing, data processing, maintaining basic computer databases and production of straightforward statistical data, etc.
- Ability to organise and present information clearly, concisely and accurately and in ways that promotes understanding, either verbally or in written/electronic form.
- Ability to interpret complex information to produce a high quality document with minimal guidance. The ability to organise, plan and meet set targets e.g. such as relevant reporting, or the development of new ways of working.
- Ability to develop with and respond to the changing needs of the service
Qualifications and/or experience:
- NVQ 3 or equivalent qualification or experience
- Experience of dealing with customers and providing a high level of service, giving advice and guidance.
- Relevant technical knowledge of procedures and practices associated with providing support to the SEN Assessment team.
- Good working knowledge of IT such as Word and Excel (or equivalent packages).
Rewards and Benefits
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again. If you are unable to see the attached job description, please contact the Recruitment team at the above email address.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to 5 years referencing.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.