Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only (working for 39 weeks per year plus 5.65 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 years' continuous service)
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Fixed term for: 2 years
Closing date: Friday 30 April 2021 at Noon
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Stonegate Church of England Primary School, Station Road, Stonegate, East Sussex, TN5 7EN
Phone: 01580 200415
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Are you passionate about providing outstanding care and education?
Stonegate Church of England Primary School, found in the beautiful High Weald area of East Sussex, has a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice to join our wonderful EYFS team working across our Reception Class and the adjacent Pre-School.
This highly rewarding role within our high quality school setting provides the ideal opportunity for you to work with our Early Years team and make a real difference to the children on their journey into education.
Over this 2 year, part time Apprenticeship, we will offer a comprehensive programme, training the very best individuals to be the best they can be and encouraging those with a passion for childcare to undertake and complete their Level 3 in Childcare. The Apprenticeship Programme is a structured qualification programme providing hands-on experience within the nursery setting, alongside gaining a recognised qualification. For more details please read the information at: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/early-years-educator/
- Continued Professional Development provided throughout your journey in EYFS.
- A dedicated mentor to work alongside the Room Leader and EYFS Leader enabling you to feel fully integrated within the team.
- A opportunity to work across both a Pre School (2 - 4 year olds) and in our Reception Class (4 - 5 year olds).
- Being part of the original team setting up and then establishing a small village Pre-School.
Requirements for the Role
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring setting policies and procedures are observed at all times
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key worker
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
Skills and Personal Qualities required
- Good communication skills
- Be polite, friendly with a positive attitude
- Have excellent time management
- An attention to detail
- Be prepared to have a flexible approach to working and learning
- A sense of humour and a willingness to learn
- Ensure professionalism at all times
- Possess a tender, kind and patient nature
- Be over 18 years of age on 1st September 2020
- Candidates must have both Maths and English Level 4 / C or above to be considered for role.
- Be prepared to take on this 2 year Apprenticeship, working 35 hours per week, term time only.
- Candidates must be fully supportive of the Christian Ethos and Vision for our school.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and candidates should contact our Headteacher, Jonathan Elms, to make arrangements.
If you would like further information please email Jonathan Elms at email@example.com or telephone the school office on 01580 200415.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date noon on Friday 30th April, with interviews from Tuesday 4th May 2021.
* Please note that the salary for this position is pro rata and below that advertised.*
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.