Hours of work: 0.4FTE (Thursday & Friday's only)
Working pattern: Part-time
(As the position is part-time, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Midday, Monday 03 May 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Holy Cross CE Primary School, Belmont Road, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22 1BP
Phone: 01825 762336
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Holy Cross is a Good school situated right at the heart of the East Sussex town of Uckfield. As a smaller than average sized primary, Holy Cross often feels more like a family than a school. In Ofsted's 2017 report, they affirmed that, "The school's warm, hard-working and inclusive atmosphere ensures that pupils feel valued, respected and safe.
The school's motto is, "The first for dreams" and our aim is to unlock each child's potential, instilling in every child the belief that future dreams can be achieved. By providing a happy, supportive, yet challenging learning environment, we ensure that all our pupils thrive. "Warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child" - Carl Jung.
Are you a passionate, inspirational and highly-skilled teacher? Do you set high expectations and have the ability to enthuse all children to achieve their best? If the answer is yes, then come and join the team at Holy Cross!
We are looking for a teacher to share a mixed age KS2 class with our Deputy Head to start in September. We are looking for a teacher who:
- Creates a culture of respect and trust that supports pupils to succeed;
- Builds on pupils' prior knowledge, by linking what pupils already know to what is being taught;
- Has a good working knowledge of the KS2 curriculum and is informed of what pupils across KS2 need to achieve in order to meet the expected standard;
- Is proficient at pinpointing aspects of learning where pupils are falling behind and able to plan effectively to accelerate rates of progress where required;
- Has the ability to adapt lessons, whilst maintaining high expectations for all, so that all pupils have the opportunity to meet the required standard;
- Gives specific and helpful feedback to pupils to support them in improving their learning;
- Is inclusive in their approach and upholds the school's Christian values and ethos;
- Makes effective use of the teaching assistant to promote great learning;
- Works well with others.
Interviews will be held at the school on Thursday 06 May 2021.
Find Out More
Come and see us in action by booking a school tour.
Phone: 01825 762336 or Email: email@example.com
How to Apply
Phone the school office for an application pack or visit the Vacancies Page on the School Website www.holycross.e-sussex.sch.uk/vacancies
The school operates a rigorous recruitment procedure that includes enhanced DBS checks, medical screening and confirmation of qualifications.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.