Hours of work: Full-time Teachers hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Fixed term for: 12 months
Closing date: Wednesday 21 April 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Ditchling (St Margaret's) CE Primary and Nursery , Lewes Road, Ditchling, BN6 8TU
Phone: 01273 844130
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
We are offering an exciting career opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join our community. The position is ideally suited to an NQT or someone early in their teaching career; the school actively and successfully supports NQTs. Working together with our great staff team you will inspire our EYFS children and contribute to our development as a school.
Our community is built on enthusiastic learners, committed staff, supportive parents and governors. In December 2017 we were judged Good by OFSTED, with Outstanding for Personal development, behaviour and welfare.
Ditchling (St Margaret's) C.E. Primary and Nursery School is a village primary with 200 children on roll, aged 2 - 11 years, currently organised across 6 classes plus nursery. Between April 2021 and July 2022 we are going to separate our EYFS, Year 1 and Year 2 children for their morning learning; this means we can offer really targeted support to meet the children’s needs following lockdown, whilst still giving the benefits of working in a mixed-age class in the afternoon.
The successful candidate will:
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and be a team-player
• Have the energy and creativity to make learning experiences engaging
• Have high aspirations for themselves and the children
• Have the ability to communicate professionally both orally and in writing
• Have good organisational, planning and follow-through skills
• Enjoy the privilege of working with, and supporting, children’s learning, whatever their needs
• Be highly motivated and keen to learn
• Be willing to work hard as part of a team, demonstrating a commitment to working in partnership with parents
We can offer you:
• children that are enthusiastic and eager to learn
• a strong, supportive and committed staff team
• engaged parents and a thriving village community
• a happy workplace with friendly, supportive colleagues
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.