Our highly regarded Responsive Neurological Services multi-disciplinary team (MDT), covers the North of West Sussex thus requiring significant travel around the area. This includes Horsham, Crawley, East Grinstead, Hayward Heath, Burgess Hill and the surrounding areas.
This unique role has become available and we are looking for someone who is passionate about strengths-based working, rehabilitation of acute conditions such as stroke and acquired brain injury, and management of progressive conditions such as Parkinson's, MS and Motor Neurone disease with relevant experience of MDT working and / or working with Adults with neurological conditions. You will be working with a specialist MDT including Team Lead, Clinical Lead, Speech and Language Therapy (SALT), Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Physio and Support Workers.
About The Job
Salary: Grade 9 £29,577 to £32,234 - Grade 10 £32,910 to £35,745
Working Pattern: Full time, 37 hours
Contract Length: Permanent
We are seeking an enthusiastic qualified Social Worker or Senior Social Worker to join our Responsive Neurological Services team based in Horsham.
To be successful you will need to evidence the ability to work autonomously under pressure, dealing with early supported discharges from hospital, but also to work collaboratively with your multi-disciplinary team regarding long term planning and rehabilitation, participating in Clinical Lead meetings with NHS colleagues, and keeping up to date records across West Sussex County Council and NHS IT systems.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret people related information and data in order to prioritise needs and formulate plans for intervention and service provision.
- Ability to work proactively as a member of the team to make an accurate assessment of needs and negotiate and implement effective plans and outcomes.
- Ability to work in partnership with carers, colleagues and a variety of external agencies in order to deliver the most effective service.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and oral format including the ability to explain complicated information to a wide range of people and negotiate and persuade others to adopt a course of action.
- Ability to recognise the limits of own accountability and responsibility, and to seek appropriate support, advice and supervision.
- Sound and accurate ICT and keyboard skills.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- A Degree in Social Work or an equivalent qualification e.g. Certificate of Qualification in Social Work or Diploma in Social Work.
- Appropriately registered with Social Work England and responsible for maintaining registration.
- Evidence of good assessment skills, including the ability to ensure regular reviews and risk management with a variety of individuals, carers or families.
- Experience of forming effective working relationships within a multi-agency / multidisciplinary setting.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE02970 .
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Jennifer Benbow, Team Manager on 03302 222 011. For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to Social Worker England registration, an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!