About the Post:
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidates to help shape and implement a £xm supply chain programme of activity helping Sheffield City Region businesses to lead on the development of identifying new international, National and Regional Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain opportunities for businesses in the Sheffield City Region.
We are looking for fully X4 proficient Supply Chain Managers and the ideal candidates should have experience of providing proactive customer focused supply chain diagnostic and planning advice to embed existing supply chain investment, encourage business expansion and support reinvestment within a commercial setting. With an aim of supporting companies to improve their current supply chain performance, move up a tier in their supply chain or enter a new supply chain.
Applicants will also be responsible for the organisation and delivery of supply chain related events and the development of opportunities such as ‘Meet the Buyer’ and ‘masterclass’ type events, as well as ad hoc based programmes addressing supply challenges with larger companies.
The successful candidates will also have excellent communication skills with the ability to relate to a range of stakeholders. We are also looking for an individual who is able to demonstrate a proven track record of procurement, managing a range of suppliers and delivering improvements in service, cost and performance, for a wide range of goods and services.
For an informal discussion please contact Paul Johnson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchasing Manager Job Duties:
- Establish and develop business relationships with Directors of businesses, ensuring detailed understanding of business supply chain strategy with the aim of safeguarding existing investment and identifying supply chain expansion opportunities.
- Conduct face to face business supply chain diagnostics as part of a full account management role to develop action plans and agree outline specifications of packages of business support. Business sizes will include SMEs and large companies.
- Commission and manage supply chain solutions to meet client requirements including private sector supply chain specialists from the recently procured SCR bloom framework and the delivery of sales, marketing and supply chain opportunities and events for local businesses working with OEMS, Tier 1 and Tier 2 companies globally via a managed an annual budget.
- Work with partner organisations to lead on the organisation and delivery of supply chain related events and the development of opportunities such as ‘Meet the Buyer’ and ‘masterclass’ type events, as well as ad hoc based programmes addressing supply challenges with larger companies.
- Develop and maintain an account supply chain plan for each businesses account, with objectives, deliverables and timings recorded on the Client Relationship Management system.
- Identify opportunities to develop supply chain initiatives with businesses co-ordinating resources from partner organisations and others to ensure growth opportunities are maximised.
- Highlight business supply chain successes and opportunities by working alongside PR professionals to agree the promotion of success stories, events and masterclasses that result from supply chain interventions.
- Be responsible for managing and maintaining knowledge of a variety of sectors or specific supply chain themed subjects.
- Manage and attend business supply chain events with Directors of businesses ensuring networking and collaboration with key stakeholders including MPs, Councillors and Directors.
Purchasing Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Relevant Degree or equivalent CPIS Level 7 qualification Highly Organised, Team Leader, Excellent Negotiation Skills, Multitasking Ability, Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills, Ability to Work With a Variety of People, Industry Experience.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.