At South Kesteven District Council, we want to change people's lives in meaningful ways by becoming the best District in which to live, work, and visit. And it's our people in TeamSK who make it all possible.
The Principal Conservation officer is an important role in delivering our ambitious plans for the sustainable growth in the district, taking account of the wide range of heritage assets within it. This includes 47 conservation areas, with the conservation area in Stamford being the first urban conservation area to be designated in England in 1967.
We are keen to hear from people with significant experience of working in the field of built heritage conservation and able to offer advice to our wide range of customers seeking to bring forward appropriate development for the district.
South Kesteven is a large, thriving Lincolnshire district, at the heart of England, encompassing the four market towns of Grantham, Stamford, Market Deeping and Bourne, alongside a large number of villages and rural communities. Strategically located beside the A1 and the East Coast mainline, it also encompasses excellent transport links to major cities, together with extensive natural environment and built heritage assets.
We are committed to caring for our employees both inside and outside the workplace and provide a variety of benefits, such as:
- a generous local government pension scheme
- opportunities to progress and develop your career and skillset
- access to a range of health and wellbeing activities
- flexible working, including flexible hours and opportunities to work from home
- generous leave entitlement of 25 days (rising to 30 days after 5 years' service) plus bank holidays and the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- travel season ticket loan and a variety of other staff/family friendly benefits and discounts
- Payment of a professional membership fee
- Relocation package available for the right candidate
For an informal chat about the role please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org