Contract: Post 1: Permanent; Post 2: Fixed Term, 2years
We are looking for two new HR Administrators to join our committed and talented HR and Equalities Service. It is an exciting time to join us, as we support the transformation of many of our services and the council’s priorities.
You will be working within detailed HR procedures and processes to support the work of the wider HR team; your key duties will include:-
- Preparing recruitment adverts, offers and contracts of employment; maintaining HR recording systems.
- Supporting the onboarding process by checking and processing pre-employment documents.
- Responding to HR-related queries from candidates, employees, managers and external contacts.
- Using standard office and web-based systems, including the council’s HR/Payroll to make authorised changes to employment details and to provide management information.
- Arranging and supporting various HR meetings and panels.
- Proposing and supporting continuous improvements to the ways we work and our internal processes.
A key team player, you’ll be able to make an immediate impact in supporting the team with running our HR processes. You will be accurate in the preparation of contractual documents and forms within set deadlines and be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of HR processes. You will be able to confidently and professionally engage with managers, employees and potential employees in providing a confidential HR service.
In return, you’ll be part of a busy, professional and committed team that is also fun, friendly and very supportive of each other. This role can be carried out flexibly between the office and home.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For an informal discussion, please contact Jacky Collins or Liz Mansbridge on 01275 888249 or 01275 884520.
Anticipated interview date in week commencing: Monday 19 April 2021