Hours of work: 5 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only (working for 37 weeks per year plus 7.65 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 year’s continuous service)
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Monday 19 April 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Polegate School, Oakleaf Drive, Polegate, East Sussex, BN26 6PT
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
We are currently looking for a Midday Supervisor to work in our busy but friendly school from September 2021. The successful candidate will work during the lunch time period Monday - Friday (1 hour per day, 5 hours per week) leading and promoting playground games and social activity.
The successful applicant will:.
- Enjoy working with children, and supporting them to enjoy their time in school. Get involved in supporting play
- Work collaboratively with other staff to ensure safe and efficient lunchtime supervision
- Be flexible in supporting the school when arrangements change due to staffing or other needs
- Have high standards when it comes to providing a clear working area for pupils
- Have high standards of pupils’ behaviour and follow school behaviour policy being assertive enough to deal with issues yourself.
- Show understanding of SEN and more vulnerable pupils and the need to be sensitive to these
- Build good relationships with all staff to enable you to liaise effectively with class teachers and Teaching Assistants.
- Have great ideas about play
Please contact Polegate School 01323 482404 or email for an application form firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 19 April 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 27 April 2021
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.