Hours of work: Full-time Teachers hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Midday, Friday 23 April 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
All Saints C of E Primary School and Nursery, All Saints Lane, Bexhill, East Sussex, TN39 5HA
Phone: 01424 219083
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
A once in a career opportunity has arisen for a Nursery teacher in our vibrant and creative school and nursery from Sep 21. This is a new post being established in order to maintain a clear focus on pedagogy and child development as our nursery grows.
As part of our ambitious plans, we are expanding our nursery provision from Sep 21 as well as moving to a new, larger site next to the school. This building will see significant investment over the summer to establish it as a first class early education centre, creating a hub within the community for the parents and families of our children. Our nursery takes children from 2 years old and a large number transition into our Reception class.
We are a highly motivated team committed to ensuring the children of All Saints have the best possible start to their education. Situated in an area of significant deprivation, we are aware of what barriers there may be to learning but, rather than allowing these to limit our expectations, we challenge them head on. We have worked together as a staff to develop a new creative, exciting curriculum and to provide extensive support for those with SEND. We have worked hard on our learning environment and put systems in place to ensure great teachers can get on with being great teachers.
What we can offer:
- An experienced and supportive SLT including an EYFS lead who will directly supports nursery provision.
- On-site Forest School provision with trained staff for all school and nursery pupils.
- A full-time Family Support Worker based in school.
- A group of highly skilled, dedicated and enthusiastic nursery practitioners.
- Wonderful children who are eager to learn and enjoy being part of the All Saints family.
- A nursery practitioner apprenticeship scheme, developing high quality staff.
- Investment in buildings and resources to ensure a high quality learning environment.
- Full support of our school administration team for place allocation, invoicing, H&S and safeguarding.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has an excellent knowledge of the new early years curriculum.
- Has an active interest in progressive pedagogical approaches.
- Is an inspirational, creative and enthusiastic individual.
- Has experience of managing a team.
- Has high standards and expectations and well-developed behaviour management skills.
- Is committed to engaging positively with parents
- Believes in supporting the unique child to be the best that they can be.
- Is a team player with excellent communication skills.
- Is able to lead a curriculum subject if appropriate.
- Is proactive and open to professional development.
- Is resilient and determined to overcome barriers.
- Is committed to safeguarding, supporting pupils to thrive and supportive of our Christian ethos.
The successful applicant will teach in our nursery and will have the opportunity to work closely with very experienced colleagues and a great support staff team. If you are ready for this exciting next step in your career, we would love to hear from you.
Visits to the school are positively encouraged in order to see the new nursery site and to discuss the role with the Headteacher. Please telephone the school office on 01424 219083 to arrange.
For an application pack or further information please see the school website. This post is not suitable for an NQT.
Please email your completed application pack to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 23 April 2021 at 12 noon with interviews taking place the following week.
All Saints C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.