At Waltham Forest, we are ambitious for our people, our communities and our services.
Driven by culture and the innate creativity of our residents, we have developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council. As London’s first Borough of Culture and the MJ Council of the Year, we are creating more opportunities to empower our residents and boost their life chances.
We are a Council bursting with energy and opportunity. Our strong grasp of our finances mean that we can invest – in our residents, our place and our people.
We are in the process of finalising our delivery roadmap for our Public Service strategy which sets out how we plan to take on the immediate challenges faced by residents, businesses and communities through the Covid-19 pandemic.
The scope of this work is extremely broad and ambitious. As our Head of Portfolio Management Office (PMO), your commitment and expertise will support the ongoing transformation of the Council and help enhance services to all residents and service users.
About the role:
As our Head of PMO, you will support the effective delivery of change across Waltham Forest Council. You will be making sure that our Strategic Change portfolio is working within an effective change framework to enable the Management Board and key stakeholders to make decisions in an agile and timely fashion. Key responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for the monitoring and administering of the Council’s overarching portfolio of change
- Lead the identification, forecasting, procurement, development, deployment and reassignment of resources throughout the portfolio lifecycle
- Lead a team to follow the project and programme processes and standards to actively manage risks and issues and provide assurance.
- Lead creation, analysis and assurance of portfolio reports. Oversee tolerances, escalation triggers and investment gateways with programme and project teams.
- Understand the different project and programme dependencies and effectively manage these relationships
- Understand and communicate council’s governance pathways, supporting the appropriate use of boards to ensure these are timely and effective.
- Develop and implement a measurement framework to monitor continuous improvement.
Can you spot potential problems a mile away? Do you love finding better ways to do things? Are you a true PMO star? If yes, then we may have a role for you!
We are looking for someone who:
- Is driven to improve public services, and who have a real passion for delivering change at pace in a dynamic environment.
- Has significant practical experience of setting up and managing strategic portfolio offices (PMOs)
- Ideally has experience of delivering PMO outcomes across both waterfall & agile methodologies with a good understanding of the complexities of project/programme delivery.
- Enjoys taking ownership of issue resolution.
- Has experience of outstanding stakeholder management, providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful portfolio outcomes
- Is able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
- Has experience of PMO governance set up and facilitation
- Has experience of capability measurement and improvement
Any questions about the role should be directed to Nohaila.firstname.lastname@example.org