The Specialist Adolescent Service Hertfordshire is a uniquely integrated multi-agency service. Our focus of work is contextual safeguarding, exploitation and edge of care. We deliver a range of interventions to young people and their families, including youth justice orders, statutory social work to Children Looked After and Child in Need support to young people and their families.
The team will also be undertaking some Section 47 enquiries, when needed, and the Senior Practitioner will be the lead social worker for the team in this area. Our focus of work is contextual safeguarding, exploitation and edge of care.
As Senior Practitioner you will support the Team and Practice Managers in maintaining a positive team culture, looking for ways to support the staff via peer support groups. This will include supporting staff with emotional well being and key skills development, primarily through peer support meetings and skills workshops.
*You will be an experienced, qualified and HCPC registered Social Worker
*Highly skilled in assessment writing and care/risk plan creation
*Excellent assessment and analytical skills
*Strong experience of risk management
*Proven track record of regularly achieving positive outcomes with young people and families
*You will be experienced in the areas of Youth Offending and/or Children’s Services
*Exemplary interpersonal skills
*Be able to offer meaningful peer support to other colleagues and play your part in mentorship of less experienced staff
* Undertaking highly analytical assessments and creating SMART care and risk management plans, including s47 enquiries
* Support and mentor staff on all best practice areas - assessment skills, risk management, creating excellent risk management and care plans. Your role is to upskill less experienced staff.
* Peer support and mentorship
* Managing the most complex cases in the team with and achieving positive outcomes
* Recording accurate, timely and comprehensive case management information, using various IT packages
* Working in partnership with a wide range of key organisations and individuals
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Excellent Career Development and Training
* Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions
* Discounts and cashback on shopping/holidays/entertainment with our Herts Rewards Scheme
* Free parking at all our sites
* Excellent Wellbeing schemes
Closing Date: Sunday 11th April 2021
Interview Date: Monday 19th April 2021
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Louann Priam (Team Manager) Louann.firstname.lastname@example.org