We worked with the child, parents and school to understand and support Tommy’s needs. He now feels included and is thriving.
We put children at the centre of all we do and we have a positive relationship with our schools. We work with school staff to ensure all children have the opportunity to feel included and reach their potential. We give them the time, support, training and resources needed to make a tangible impact on children’s lives. You’ll have a varied workload undertaking multiple tasks to ensure that all schools are compliant with statutory guidance, practices and procedures. You will play a key role in the Department’s work in improving outcomes for children and young people and raising the attainment of those at risk of exclusion.
You will be part of a forward thinking, dynamic and supportive team who strives to be the best and change lives for the better.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
We’re a small, but growing, well respected team of Behaviour, Inclusion and Safeguarding Specialists who work closely together to provide an outstanding service to our schools. The work is fast paced, responsive and demanding, however there is also time for seeking creative solutions and every day here is different. Team morale is high with support and guidance readily available.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To support the Department’s work in improving outcomes for children and young people and raising the attainment of those at risk of exclusion
- To promote the importance of inclusion for children and young people with complex vulnerabilities or behavioural difficulties which could lead to their exclusion from school
- To contribute to the prevention of exclusion by working in collaboration with school and other professionals
- Providing support as appropriate during a permanent or fixed period exclusion which results in a meeting of the Governors Discipline Committee
- Co-ordinating the Fair Access Process including managing the referrals and chairing meetings as required
- To attend Pupil Planning Meetings and facilitate Team around the Child meetings where appropriate
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
A forward thinking, adaptable, highly experienced and child focused practitioner with a vast range of experience working within the field of inclusion and education services.
Interviews will be held on Monday 19th April
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Safeguarding Our Schools Service Lead
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.