Join our forward-thinking approach
Strength in people. Strength in communities. Strength in diversity.
Primary Care Plus (PCP) Team - 35 hours per week
Anxiety, Depression, Personality Disorder & Trauma (ADAPT) Team - 17.5 hours per week
Intensive Case Management in Psychosis (ICMP) Team - 35 hours per week
Level 1 Social Worker
Passionate about delivering high-quality, Adult Mental Health services?
Want to work in an innovative learning organisation?
Looking to develop your experience in community mental health and gain an AMHP qualification?
With excellent training and great benefits, Royal Greenwich is the ideal place to progress your career.
At Royal Greenwich, we support our Social Workers to ensure they have the resources and environment they need to make a real difference. We are keen to appoint enthusiastic Social Workers who share our vision in the development of a centre of excellence. Opportunities are available in:
- Primary Care Plus Team
- Anxiety, Depression, Personality Disorder & Trauma Team
- Intensive Case Management in Psychosis Team
The Primary Care Plus Team provides a direct link between primary and secondary care services and focuses on tele-triage, providing direct advice and support of GPs and directing service users to the pathway that will specifically meet their needs. This service has four core aims.
- Assessment & referrals management
- Relapse prevention and shared care
- Health promotion
- Education, training & consultation
The Anxiety, Depression, Personality Disorder & Trauma Team offers a flexible service to individuals presenting with complex needs (excluding Psychosis or Bi-polar disorder) that currently require secondary mental health care. Referrals to ADAPT may come from PCP via triage, from the Inpatient Wards, Crisis teams, Early Intervention in Psychosis teams (following clarification of diagnosis), Forensic services or as a result of out of area transfers.
The Intensive Case Management in Psychosis Team provides a flexible service to all adults within the psychosis clusters who currently require secondary community mental health care in the locality. The service aims to be flexible, accessible and to offer individuals choice and involvement regarding their treatment, actively encouraging their participation in the planning and implementation of their care.
We are looking for applicants with experience of working with service users with severe and enduring mental health issues.
What we look for:
The applicant will be expected to be able to work autonomously with individuals, carers and families to deliver a range of assessment and care interventions that promote mental health well-being and social inclusion.
To support you in your role you will receive:
- 1 to 1 reflective professional supervision
- Access to Social Work Forums, for peer group discussion & supervision
- A welcome meeting with the Head of Social Care and Mental Health Lead Social Worker to begin to discuss and plan for your professional development
- Access to protected time to undertake the requirements for your Social Work England registration
- Opportunity to be involved in the practice education of Social Workers
- Access to the Royal Borough of Greenwich training programmes and reflective workshops
- Introduction, support and mentoring to the Royal Greenwich AMPH pathway towards professional training and AMPH practice.
For these roles you must hold:
- A registered professional social work qualification.
- Registration with Social Work England or/professional registering body.
- This role will require an Enhanced DBS check
If you want to be part of this forward-thinking service and can help us to achieve our vision, please apply now.
This advert must be read in conjunction with the Job Description, Job Specification and the Job/Service Profile.
For an informal discussion about these opportunities, please contact Deborah Corrodus (Lead Social Worker - Mental Health) 0203 927 6293 / 0208 836 8504
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.