Join our forward-thinking approach
Strength in people. Strength in communities. Strength in diversity.
Centralised Approved Mental Health Professional Team
Approved Mental Health Professional
Passionate about delivering high-quality, Adult Mental Health services?
Want to work in an innovative learning organisation?
With excellent training and great benefits, Royal Greenwich is the ideal place to progress your career.
At Royal Greenwich, we support our AMHPs to ensure they have the resources and environment they need to make a real difference. We are keen to appoint enthusiastic and experienced AMHPs who share our vision in the development of a centre of excellence for AMHP work. Opportunities are available for Approved Mental Health Professionals to work within our dedicated 24 hour Centralised AMHP Team.
The Centralised AMHP team provides a single point of referral for all requests for Mental Health Act assessment across the borough. This unique model offers the opportunity to apply your social work/ Professional skills, values and specialist knowledge in the context of working with complex ethical and legislative processes.
You must be able to work flexible hours, which includes providing out of hour's standby and call out cover on a rota basis. The ability to drive and to have your own transport is required due to the nature of the work.
All posts require the post-holder to act as an AMHP on behalf of the Royal Borough of Greenwich, undertaking Mental Health Act work as well as providing consultation, support and assistance to the wider multi-disciplinary teams.
What we look for:
The applicant must be able to work autonomously and have extensive experience of working with individuals, carers and families within a crisis intervention model of care. The post holder will be expected to deliver a range of assessment and care interventions which will promote mental health well-being and social inclusion wherever possible.
To support you in your AMHP role you will receive:
- Access to a manager who is AMHP qualified 24/7
- 1 to 1 reflective AMHP post assessment supervision
- Access to Royal Greenwich AMHP Forums, for peer group discussion & intervention
- An AMHP mentor to provide additional support in your first year of employment
- 18 hours (3 days) of AMHP approval training in each year
- A structured induction to Greenwich AMHP service
- A welcome meeting with the Head of Social Care to discuss your continued development as an AMHP professional
- Access to our Mental Health Social Worker/Lead AMHP to support and develop your social work practice
- Access to protected time each year to work on your professional portfolio (Social Work England registration)
- Up to 2 days in each 5 year period to complete your AMHP re-approval portfolio
- Opportunity to be involved in the practice education of social workers and AMHPs undertaking professional training
- Access to the Royal Borough of Greenwich training programmes and reflective workshops
For these roles you must hold:
- A registered Professional/Social Work qualification.
- A cuurent Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) qualification
- Registration with Social Work England or other Professional registering body.
- This role will require an Enhanced DBS check
If you want to be part of this forward-thinking service and can help us to achieve our vision, please apply now.
This advert must be read in conjunction with the Job Description, Job Specification and the Job/Service Profile.
For an informal discussion about these opportunities, please contact
Deborah Corrodus (Lead Social Worker - Mental Health) 0203 927 6293 / 0208 836 8504
- Harold Bright (AMHP Team Manager) 0208 836 8609 / 0208 836 8610
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.