Hours of work: Full-time Teachers hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Monday 12 April 2021 at 5pm
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Wivelsfield Primary School
Phone: 01444 471 393
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Wivelsfield School’s Governing Board is looking to appoint a dynamic and inspiring Deputy Headteacher to assist the Headteacher – Mrs Helen Smith, with all aspects of school life.
The successful candidate will,“inspire and influence others to believe in the fundamental importance of education in young people’s lives and promote the value of education”.
Wivelsfield School is a very popular, oversubscribed school and we pride ourselves on being friendly and welcoming with a strong ‘community ethos’, where each child is valued as an individual. The school is single form entry and benefits from spacious modern premises with extensive grounds. It is situated in the heart of the village, near both Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill and within a 30 minute drive of Brighton.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is an outstanding classroom practitioner, having high expectations of pupils and acting as a role model to others
• Is creative, innovative and has an unwavering passion for teaching
• Will lead, inspire and motivate adults and children
• Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all stakeholders
• Can evidence success in middle leadership
• Is ambitious and wants to develop their leadership at a senior level
• Is willing to get involved in wider school life
We can offer you:
• Professional development at all levels, with the opportunity to work strategically with the Headteacher
• Friendly and supportive staff and governors
• A commitment to promote a good work /life balance
• Supportive parents
• A school that is forward thinking and uses evidence based research to drive improvement
Please look for further details in the job description and person specification which can be found in our application pack on our website: www.wivelsfieldschool.org. Alternatively contact the school office for a pack, preferably by e-mail: email@example.com.
Visits to the school are welcomed in term time on a Monday or Thursday at 8.00am or after 3.30pm. Please contact the school on 01444 471393 to make an appointment, or for any other queries regarding this position.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.