NEWLY QUALIFIED SOCIAL WORKERS (ADULT SERVICES)
Adult Social Care Newly Qualified Social Workers
Join our innovative social work teams and work in a progressive, committed, learning environment where staff are supported and valued. At East Sussex County Council we are driven by a passion to improve outcomes for adults and their families and carers. To achieve this we need ambitious, creative and professionally curious social workers who want to make a difference to people’s lives.
Supporting and promoting independence
The role involves working with adults, their families and carers within their communities through strengths-based approaches, enabling people to identify the outcomes they want to achieve and support them to find their own solutions within their local communities.
Opportunities are now available for Newly Qualified Social Workers to join our 2021 Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) programme. Positions are within community teams across the county who support and safeguard adults with a range of care and support needs including:
- Physical health issues;
- Learning disability;
- Mental health/substance misuse;
- Sensory impairment;
- Older people;
- Adults in hospital.
A supportive environment
We know social work can be a demanding job so we believe in nurturing our staff by providing a supportive environment. Our ASYE programme is well established and highly rated by our NQSWs. Supervision is a priority, as is the sharing of skills, knowledge and learning and we strongly encourage and support you to develop resilience. In our increasingly digitally dynamic organisation, we enable you to work flexibly and make sure you are equipped with the technology to achieve this.
A wide range of benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits including:
- *Relocation scheme for newly appointed employees.
- We offer a range of ways to help staff travel to and from work:
- Interest-free loans for season tickets;
- Interest-free loans for bicycles (as well as secure bike sheds and showers at some locations);
- * car and motorbike leasing;
- Car share scheme;
- Discounts on bus and train tickets;
- Competitive vehicle loan scheme;
- Minimum of 5 days’ training each year;
- Starting annual leave allowance of 26 days (including statutory and concessionary days);
- Savings on our childcare vouchers;
- Excellent Local Government pension scheme;
- Flexible/agile working;
- Staff benefits website, which features around 6000 offers and discounts at any given time;
- Accelerated increment on completion of ASYE programme.
Who is eligible to apply for the ASYE programme?
You need to have completed your social work qualification and will register with Social Work England by September 2021, and not to have previously completed an ASYE programme elsewhere
The post requires that you can meet the travel requirements across the county of East Sussex.