Fixed Term 2 year contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint an Apprentice in Democratic Services working across Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough councils. As part of the apprenticeship you will study for a Level 3 qualification in Business Administration and learn about the following:
- Maintaining and updating the Local Land Charges register.
- Processing official search enquiries which form part of the conveyancing process.
- Ensuring Competent Persons Certificates are logged on the system.
- Liaising with County Council, solicitors and search companies and to follow up queries.
- Carrying out planning and building regulation enquiries using the council’s planning systems.
- Processing payments received and checking search fees have been paid.
You will work alongside the Local Land Charges Officers providing accurate results within the required timescales to ensure that house purchasers legal advisors are fully informed of matters affecting a property, work positively to promote good practice, high standards of customer service and provide key information on the official search requests.
The successful candidate should have a genuine interest in commencing a career within Democratic Services, where you will be supported to achieve the apprenticeship qualification.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is noon 26 April 2021