We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative, forward-thinking person to join our Clienting Team and help us progress our waste and climate change agenda.
You will be a key player as we seek to not only to help improve and deliver outstanding services to residents, but also to ensure we deliver our Climate Change ambitions.
You will be responsible for delivering the key aspects of Wokingham Borough’s Climate Change Action Plan which includes increasing recycling participation rates and minimising the overall levels of waste generated in the Borough. The role will involve liaising with residents and housing developers, undertaking data analysis, working in partnership with local and national organisations and delivering activities in support of strategies, campaigns and plans.
You will also support other departments of the Council including communications, localities, customer delivery, housing and engagement with the council’s elected councillors and colleagues.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to improving our services and providing value for money for residents. We need someone with innovative ideas and analytical skills to drive forward ways to maximise recycling whilst reducing the overall waste generated.
We are also at an exciting stage developing a waste strategy for the borough and you will play a key role to ensure that this will be delivered to achieve a 70% recycling rate.
You will have:
- Experience of working in an environmental field, with desirable waste collection and/or disposal knowledge,
- Strong customer service experience
- The ability to develop and deliver innovative ways to reduce waste and maximise recycling via a range of methods
- Good organisational skills and time-management to meet deadlines and support delivery of schemes, including service changes
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
- To manage a small budget to help deliver waste and climate change activities
- To support the Waste Collection and Disposal Contract Manager in their role
- To deliver elements of the Climate Change plan in order to meet our carbon reduction targets
- To support the development and delivery of the Waste Strategy and provide innovative ideas
- To engage residents in waste services to maximise recycling and minimise waste
- To lead on improving recycling and waste minimisation
- To ensure all health and safety requirements are embedded and actioned
- To present information to internal and external groups
- To provide advice and information to Members
- To respond to customer queries
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:-
- Degree or equivalent experience in waste/environmental field
- Delivering small scale projects and service improvements
- Resolving of enquiries with positive outcomes
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT and analytical skills
- Ability to drive and access to a vehicle
Some evenings and weekend working may be required.
Closing date: 11pm, 9 May 2021 Interviews for this role will be held during week commencing 17 May.
Please contact Richard Bisset email@example.com if you have any questions about this opportunity.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.