At South Kesteven District Council, we want to change people's lives in meaningful ways by becoming the best District in which to live, work, and visit. And it's our people in TeamSK who make it all possible.
Working within a busy Planning Enforcement Team, alongside Development Management and Planning Policy Officers and in conjunction with other Council departments and external partners. The successful candidate will be responsible for a diverse and interesting caseload of planning enforcement investigations. Dealing with a range of cases from investigation to closure, including representing the Council at Appeals and in Court.
The role is ideal for an experienced enforcement officer or someone who is starting their career in planning within local government and is suited to the challenge of working within a busy planning enforcement environment.
We are committed to caring for our employees both inside and outside the workplace and provide a variety of benefits, such as:
- a generous local government pension scheme
- opportunities to progress and develop your career and skillset through the Career Progression Plan and tailored training, specific to this role
- access to a range of health and wellbeing activities
- flexible working, including flexible hours and opportunities to work from home
- generous leave entitlement of 25 days (rising to 30 days after 5 years' service) plus bank holidays and the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- travel season ticket loan and a variety of other staff/family friendly benefits and discounts
- Payment of RTPI professional membership fees
For an informal chat about the role please contact Jonathan Short on 01476 406474
Closing Date: 17 June 2021