Hours of work: Full-time teachers' hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Monday 19 April 2021, 9am
Interview date: Week beginning Monday 22 March 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
The Cavendish School
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Key Stage 2 Teacher -The Cavendish School
- Starting date: September 2021
- Salary Range £25,714 - £41,604 within the Main Pay Range - Upper Pay Range
- This role would be suitable for newly qualified teachers or experienced teachers.
The Cavendish School, Eastbourne, is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and committed professional to join in the continued development and success of our Primary phase as part of our exciting all through status. If you have the skills, drive and enthusiasm this could be the perfect role for you.
We are looking for an outstanding classroom teacher, who establishes and maintains the highest standards, is flexible and has the potential to lead a hardworking and dedicated team.
The school offers:
- Enthusiastic and committed colleagues
- A strong and visionary leadership
- A vibrant community
- An exciting new environment in our all-through campus
- A grading of ‘good’ by Ofsted (Outstanding for EYFS), 2018
- Excellent CPD opportunities for all levels and interests
- Staff Wellbeing: a genuine focus on staff wellbeing
- Children who are motivated and keen to learn
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting new environment within the Primary Phase, linked to the Secondary Phase on our all-through campus
The successful candidates will:
- Inspire, challenge and motivate children
- Have a passion for first class teaching and learning
- Is committed to bringing the curriculum alive through inspirational learning
- Is creative in their approach and can see beyond the classroom
- Believes in creating strong, positive relationships with the children, developing them personally, socially, emotionally and academically
- Has the ability and determination to ensure excellent progress and to raise standards
- Has a commitment to personal and professional development
- Be a team player who is supportive of colleagues
Leaders in this school have created a positive and productive teaching and learning environment where staff have creative autonomy and feel well-supported. The whole community is involved in all aspects of school life and the school has excellent relationships with parents and carers.
If you would like to join a school with a great focus on creating an inclusive environment and where children are empowered to be their best, then please apply. You will join a team of dedicated and caring staff in establishing outstanding provision, learning and progress for all our children.
Please download the application form and further details from our website. http://www.cavendishschool.net/contact/vacancies
We look forward to receiving your application by e-mail (or by post), for the attention of Mrs Angela Hayden, HR Manager / PA to the Headteacher. firstname.lastname@example.org
PWe give high priority to promoting diversity throughout the school.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.